Updated on November 02, 2023
Canadian MOM Information and History
Everything you need to know about Mail Order Marijuana (MOM) online dispensaries.
Welcome to the world of Mail Order Marijuana in Canada. This article is going to provide you with all the Canadian MOM Information you will ever need. From a verified Canadian MOMs list, to who are the best MOM in Canada, with reviews, and how to choose the best MOM checklist.
Canadian MOM Info – Overview & History
What is a Canadian MOM? Canadian MOM shops are online dispensaries that provide access to medical marijuana and related cannabis products via their e-commerce websites. Once an order is placed, it is then shipped via Canada Post anywhere in Canada within 3 to 5 business days.
The history of Mail Order Marijuana (MOM) in Canada traces back to the early 2000s, following a shift in medical marijuana regulation. In 2001, Health Canada established regulations for accessing cannabis for medical purposes. However, it wasn’t until 2004 that MOM dispensaries began to appear online, offering a new avenue for individuals to purchase cannabis. The only method of payment at the time, was cash in the mail, so the process was slow, but the dispensaries always delivered. Some online MMJ dispensaries still use the cash method if you were to enquire about it.
Over the years,
Mail Order Marijuana has become a popular alternative to traditional storefront dispensaries, providing a discreet and convenient way for consumers to purchase cannabis products. This online platform has grown significantly to over 400 merchants in 2023, making a broad spectrum of cannabis products accessible to Canadians. The MOM model has been particularly beneficial for those in remote or under-served areas, where traditional dispensaries might be scarce.
MOM dispensaries have continued to evolve,
Offering a wide range of products from flowers and edibles to concentrates, vapes, and magic mushrooms. The competitive pricing, bulk purchasing options, and the ability to shop from the comfort of one’s home have contributed to the growing popularity of MOM dispensaries in Canada.
However, it’s important to note that while purchasing cannabis from licensed retailers is legal, buying from unlicensed MOM dispensaries still holds a degree of risk as it operates in a legal grey area.
In summary, the inception of MOM dispensaries in Canada marked a significant milestone in the evolution of cannabis accessibility, especially for medical patients. Over the years, the platform has grown and diversified, albeit with legal intricacies, providing Canadians with an alternative means of accessing a wide variety of cannabis products.
Getting your order shipped from Canadian MOMs is safe, secure, and discreet if you order from trusted and verified MOMs. The only issue recorded was with the empty box fiasco with Cheapweed.ca and that was in the spring of 2019. Most MOM operators provide free Xpresspost shipping via Canada Post which delivers within 3 to 5 business days across Canada, as long as you meet their minimum order threshold, usually, $99, $150, or $200.
Payment Methods Accepted by MOM Dispensaries
All of the medical marijuana online dispensaries in Canada accept Interac e-transfers. Some also accept credit cards and Bitcoins, but it’s few and far between. The retail provincial online cannabis stores accept all major credit cards as well as debit. As previously mentioned, some mail-order shops will still accept cash in the mail, but you have to ask for that service, and there are risks involved.
Always Do Your Research
It’s easy to research the latest Canadian MOM information and find reviews online. There are lots of great resources out there. If there are troubling issues associated with a MOM that you’re interested in buying from, you will be sure to find such issues (if any) online in short order. Reddit and Trustpilot are also great places to find the inside scoop.
Here is a top 10 checklist on how to determine trust from a Canadian MOM dispensary.
(Borrowed from our Best Mail Order Marijuana Guide)
1) Is the online dispensary right for you? What do they focus on? Do you order weed online in bulk? Do you prefer cheap weed deals for budget marijuana? Or, are you a Quad-A hunter?
2) How is the MOM’s reputation online? Check out their reviews. Our review team verified some dispensaries and provided overviews of each for security and safety. Also check Reddit, Trustpilot, and Trustindex.
3) Is the MOM’s website up to speed? Does it lag and drive you nuts? Does it have SSL security? (you know that little lock in the browser bar)
4) Is their website professionally designed, does it feel like a brand you can trust? Some mail-order marijuana dispensaries consist of one or two people who operate it. They do everything themselves from IT, design, content creation, fulfillment, and customer service. If this is the case, you should be able to tell quickly by its sloppy layout and lazy writing… If one of these items raises an eyebrow, then you should consider a different MOM if you are unfamiliar with them.
5) Does the online dispensary have a good support desk? Do they have a live chat budtender available to answer questions on the fly? If their customer service isn’t to your satisfaction you will always be frustrated with the MOM.
6) Is the Mail Order Marijuana dispensary transparent with where their weed is sourced from? Do they have a page describing this? Does their cannabis come from trusted brands you know or have heard of?
8) Are there any rewards and perks? Most MOMs offer incentives, point programs, and coupon codes; it’s quite competitive in fact. Look around our Canadian MOM list and you will find lots of great weed deals and discounts.
9) Check their blog. Reputable MOMs have helpful blogs that are full of useful info about cannabis and articles that show who they are and what they stand for. Some don’t have blogs which is fine. That could mean that the MOM is focusing on their store and service and is not ready to commit the time and effort that a blog demands.
10) Payment processing and automation. Most of the mail-order marijuana dispensaries take e-transfers as a method of payment which is very secure. Is the system automated with auto tracking numbers? How do they manage their payment processing? This is a good question to ask using the MOM’s live chat desk if they have one.
Canadian MOM Reviews
The inclusion of customer reviews on Budhub Canada’s MOM listings serves as a valuable tool for prospective buyers. These reviews provide firsthand insights into the experiences of previous customers, shedding light on the quality of products, customer service, and overall satisfaction. By perusing these reviews, you can gauge if a particular dispensary aligns with your expectations and needs, making an informed decision before making a purchase. In essence, it’s about fostering an informed community of buyers through shared experiences.
Leveraging Canadian MOM reviews in a curated list enhances the decision-making process, providing a well-rounded view of various dispensaries through the lens of customer experiences, thereby guiding individuals towards making well-informed choices tailored to their needs.